Monday 2 November 2015

Scoot boots fit trial

I hired some scoot boot fitting shells from the hoof boutique to see how the fit worked for sof.

Scoot boots are the latest thing to come out from Australia. They have been getting rave reviews on barefoot forums so I thought I would take a look. 

Plus points for these boots is that they are light weight, below the hairline, and entirely made of plastic with no Velcro fastenings so easy to clean. They also come in large, Sofie sized sizes.

However I was not that impressed with the fitting shells. The bit at the back of the boot is very firm, and seemed to be pushing into sof's heals. She was sort of between sizes, size 6 was very snug, size 7 seemed too roomy. In the end I decided not to buy. I plan on waiting until next summer and possibly buying a second hand pair if I need them. You never know, I might not need boots by then (unlikely, Sofie is still a bit footy on stones).



size 6
size 6 bit tight on the bulbs








size 6 bit tight at the front
size 7, bit roomy at the back













Edit: when I am wrong I say I am wrong. I have since bought some Scoots - size 7 is too big but 6 fits. We have gone for a ride, no rubs and good grip in the mud. I am a convert!






No comments:

Post a Comment