Thursday 28 December 2017

Back to reality

I am back from running away to new Zealand and have made it back to the yard. I missed sof whilst I was away so it was great to see her, though it was hard going back.

Hannah has taken excellent care of sof whilst I was away and has helped her through the first difficult weeks. Sof is still a little unsure of being in the yard by herself and has returned to being strong on the way back to the field.  She is worried when I walk away from her on the yard and panics if I am out of sight. I am sure this will get better.

It is nice to be able to soley focus on sofie. We have gone on a few hacks, she isn't very fit so I think we will be doing lots of walking. The ground is rubbish atm anyway. I have given her a terible haircut to try and reduce her sweeting. I went conservative so that I wouldn't need to rug her, but cracked at the first sign of rain so rug is on.

She is a good weight, there is nothing left in the fields.  I am having to pay for hay, pushing livery up to 270, this is nearly 100 more than Clandon.  I am tempted to go back, sofiee doesn't need the add ons and the hacking is better so it is very tempting. Still that is even more change for sof and I haven't really given the hacking a chance yet. I'll re think in spring I think. I can afford the higher prices for now

Today we did some st for the first time in ages. Sof was a superstar. Looking forward to taking her to clinics and sponsored rides in the spring


No comments:

Post a Comment